Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cheerios

So R loves Cheerios. He would eat them all day if he could. He will go to the his cupboard and get his snack cup & hold it up to you say "Mo". Almost sounds like that old commercial where the little British boy asks for "mo" soup. It is very cute and gives us a laugh every time.

Well today he was having one of his few and far between tantrums over wanting to play outside more. He was chasing me around the house with his jacket. Wanting me to put it on and go back out. I was just ignoring him and told him I'd be in the other room ready to play. I was getting myself a snack so mid-cry I offered him some Cheerios. All of a sudden the crying stops abruptly and he shakes his head. I gave him some Cheerios and the episode was over. So as I thought about it in that moment is that why the stem word is cheer? I wonder if the creator of Cheerios had the same experiences with his toddler? Well cheers to him/her & Cheerios!

4 comments:

  1. Probably! He/she probably made delicious little O snacks and called them "Cheery O's" which morphed into Cheerios, er something like that. LOL! I guess we could google it...

    ps: Jman has an unhealthy addiction to bananas right now and it's all he wants to eat. I'm just glad they're healthy...so I guess it's a healthy unhealthy addiction. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it Missy! We truly need to get these two lil men together. They can eat Cheerios & Bananas together!

      Delete
    2. Seriously. I'm hoping to get back down there sometime early spring and I'll let you know!

      Delete