Saturday, May 4, 2013

Sweet four.

Since Boo Bear is 5 months on Monday I thought it was about time I write down my memories of him at four months.  Time sure flies with two busy boys.  It is going to make for very interesting days when B is mobile!
At his four month appointment his doctor agreed with me that B has Gerd (acid reflux).  At around 4 months it was seeming to get a lot worse versus better.  Our nights consisted of short periods of sleep between 30 minutes to only an hour.  He would cry so hard after feedings in the night that his sweet voice was starting to become hoarse.  It was heart breaking and very tiring for me.  After trying numerous things to help him we finally resorted to medicine; which has helped a lot and now he can sleep at the most 6 hours at the beginning of the night.  I don't want these baby days to slip away from me but I also long for a good nights rest.  Even 4 hours in a row would be wonderful.  Although having a baby who doesn't sleep baby well at all is hard I do love waking up to him on my chest and seeing his precious face.  So peaceful and sweet.
Although he doesn't sleep well at night he luckily on most days is a good napper.  He would prefer to nap at home in his rock n play and is less likely to sleep on the go like R.
The week he turned four months he turned over twice from belly to back but hasn't chosen to do it since.
A couple days after he turned four months he also sprouted 2 canine teeth.  Is that why he doesn't sleep he is really my little vampire baby???  All you can still see is the small white caps of the teeth at the gum line.
He loves to play at his activity center and grabs wildly at the little toys hovering above.  He also really enjoys his vibrating bouncy chair and kicks his legs to make it bounce more.
He is intrigued by his big brother  who loves to make him laugh and smile.  If you want to hear him smile you simply have to say, "booya"!  It will instantly put him into hysterics.
He still is using a pacifier but I don't know if I'm still convinced he is a true "paci baby".  He also enjoys holding onto your hand or a rattle.  Often it ends up in his mouth.  He still is adorned at all times with a bib; luckily we go through less a day now though!

Statistics at 4 months 

- Weight:  14 lbs 12.5 oz (47 %)
-  Height:  26 inches (85%)
-  Head:  41.3cm (25%)





The boys

Hmmmmmmm?

"freeze"!

"I'll read you a book Brennie Boo".




No comments:

Post a Comment