R's current obsession is keys in addition still to his love of cars, jeep's, trucks and buses. When we are driving in the car he will point and say the name of each of these varieties. When he started to throw mini tantrums when he couldn't have our keys I found kids keys that had metal ends so they looked more real but that only distracted him for a couple days. This kid is no dummy; he wants the real thing. So we washed an old set of keys and he frequently has them gripped in his hand as he walks around the house.
I'm thankful that for the most part R is still enjoying all types of food. I feel it is a good sign that the first thing on his plate he wants to eat is his fruits and veggies. He even has developed a huge liking for salad. I tried giving him lettuce for the longest time assuming for some reason he wouldn't like it; well I was wrong. He is also a big lover of Teriyaki chicken and rice. We sometimes go to a local place that is quick and easy. He will devour a bowl of egg flower soup, and multiple helpings of rice, beef, chicken, and salad. One thing I think is strange is he is hit and miss with carbs. The only way he likes potatoes is if they are in a french fry form and sometimes he wants pasta while other times he wants nothing to do with it. He still LOVES milk. Last week he had already gone through a half gallon of "milt" (as he pronounces it) in two days and during the day he is at school.
His vocabulary is still growing rapidly but he really isn't stringing multiple words together. This week he did it once for the first time. Brian had just came home and walked out of our bathroom. R points at him and says, " Dada poo poo", so I guess that is a step forward.
His current favorite books are "Elmo Loves You" and "Dr. Seuss ABC". I need to video tape him going through his abc's with us because some of this pronunciations are wonderful while others are quite interesting.
Cheers to another 2 months!
Aren't they the sweetest when they're asleep? So cute. Man, R IS a good eater! I have major envy for his palate. And the talking will come! J just started stringing words together after he turned 2 and now he's a talking machine. It's true, it really does happen overnight with some kids.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait till we can communicate better, it can be frustrating at times! When it comes to food, I just try everything we eat with him. Im happy if he just tries it! Luckily he likes it most of the time even though it might take a couple tries.
Delete