Saturday, March 19, 2011

Great 8

This has been a month full of big milestones. Our boy wonder now babbles more than ever and to Bri's distress he can't stop saying "mama". He started crawling and it is amazing how quick he has gotten in a mere 2 weeks, if I knew of more friends with crawling babies it sure would be fun to have a crawl off=). He is also pulling himself onto his knees to play. He almost has a toof for every month of his life, just one short, which has made for some sleepless nights and a changing appearance. Good bye gummy smile, hello pearly whites. He continues to give away smiles freely to anyone who smiles at him. He is a flirt when it comes to the ladies. He loves being sung to but unfortunately neither Bri or I could ever be the next American Idol (well we are to old now anyways). No stranger danger yet for this kid, Bri drops him off in daycare and when he puts Ryden in front of a toy he is already in tune-out mode to Bri's good byes. I'm worried I didn't start tune-out mode until at least middle school?!

The complaint I have about this kid thus far is his inability to let me sleep at night. We are still waking up 2-3 times a night for feedings. One week he slept from 9pm until 5am in the morning and I thought I was in heaven but that was only one sweet week. Spring break is coming so maybe some hardcore sleep training is too?

Ryden you get sweeter and bring us so much more joy with each passing month.

Notice in the "8" month pictures below, Ryden is no longer cooperating=(.





1 comment:

  1. Wow that is some major teething! Thank goodness for Orajel. J is finally, FINALLY sleeping thru the night as of just a couple weeks ago, so I feel your pain sister. Hang in there. And happy 8 mo big boy!

    ReplyDelete